Wednesday, June 17, 2009

JANET HUBERT DISHES ON THE FRESH PRINCE


According to BV Buzz, Janet Hubert (the original Aunt Viv) on the Fresh Prince has written a (tell all) memoir, 'Perfection Is Not A Sitcom Mom' that is due out in early 2010. The former sitcom mom accuses Mega Box Office Star, Will Smith of sabotaging not only her career but the careers of other actors who worked on the NBC sitcom. Really!

In one excerpt from the book, Hubert excusively tells BV Buzz, "Smith had people around him who made sure no one outshone him. I was happy to see Don Cheadle become the quality actor that he is, and often wondered how he made it past one episode, as Hilary's boyfriend, being such a fierce actor. No one could be on 'The Tonight Show,' that first season, except Will. And I mean no one."

Hubert also recalled an incident where another actor was axed from a guest spot on the show after being too impressive at an early rehearsal for that episode.

"I recall the lovely and incredibly talented Countess Vaughn (The Parkers) coming to guest star. Oh my God! The day of table read, she was pee-in-your-pants funny. The writers were howling, we were howling, so I knew she was history – banished into the cornfield. Many years later, after she had her own show, I had to tell her when she asked me why. 'Miss Janet why did I get cut from the episode,' she asked? Simply, my darling, you were too good," she recollected.

Following her firing from the show, Hubert and Smith were embroiled in a back-and-forth media feud about her departure. Producers of the successful show sided with Smith. Hubert has appeared on numerous sitcoms and has been playing the recurring role of Lisa Williamson on daytime soap opera 'One Life to Live.' The Juilliard School trained actor recently launched J.G. and the B.C. Kids, a line of animated DVD series, children's books and back-to-school bags.

READ REST OF THE STORY HERE

There is always 3 sides to a story: His, Hers and the Truth. I hope that Ms. Hubert can find closure after the book. No since of worrying about "spilled milk". Once it's spilled you can't get it back.

However, no disrespect to Ms. Reid, but yes - Janet Hubert you will always be the REAL Aunt Viv. Of course after reading this, I couldn't resist finding Carlton and Will on Youtube. I could always depend on a good laugh watching this show.


No comments:

Post a Comment