Monday, May 18, 2009

PUMP IT OR DUMP IT: IDRIS ELBA PUTS ACTING ON HOLD FOR MUSIC CAREER



I like it! Maybe it's because I'm picturing the fine Mr. Elba singing it to me! LOL
Idris Elba plans to take a break from acting to pursue a career in music. He recently admitted that he’d always wanted to try his hand at singing and so here you have it. He's released a song entitled "The Best I Can."

Elba told NME.com that he planned to use the rest of 2009 to hone his talents but wouldn’t be calling on his celebrity friends to help get his new project off the ground.

He said: “My personal agenda has always been about musical ambitions. Music's a jealous bitch - I want to take time out (from acting) to finish the album."

He added: “I know Beyonce, Jay-Z and Busta Rhymes, but I don't talk to them about my music. That'd be corny. Actors doing music is a cliche, so my plan is to tour small venues and festivals in Europe next year - along with my band the Trampions - the route musicians go down."

Elba hinted that his music would be a fusion of ‘everything from drum'n'bass to jazz’.

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment